Coach Conner has put together a series of upper and lower-body workouts to help with strength training. Please study them carefully and be sure to check in with any coach if you have questions. Please note that it is recommended that you cycle through these doing no more than three a day, alternating days between upper and lower-body.
Enjoy! Here's the link!
Monday, December 5, 2016
|Adrianna & Abby!|
Here's a list of some fun, local 5Ks coming up to help keep you going as we move through the Winter and into Spring. Traveling to Grandma's house for the holidays? Then check out the complete list of all possible races in the region (and Alaska) with Pacific NW Run Calendar. If you're traveling somewhere else in the US, then get to know the Running in the USA website. This one looks like fun!
- Sunday, December 18th: The Reindeer Run in downtown Olympia - a 5K along the waterfront on East Bay Drive
- Sunday, January 1st: The Fort Steilacoom Resolution Run - this 5K is only $14.50 if you're under 19
- Saturday, January 14th: The Elvis Dash 5K in Olympia - impersonating Elvis is optional, I think, and it's a little spendy. However, it does include post-race fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches and bacon-maple bars.
- Saturday, February 11th: Valentine's Day 5K - start and finish in Priest Point Park!
- Saturday, February 25th: Dupont Trail Marathon - they've added a 5K this year, and it should be a nice and fast trail run!
- Sunday, March 12th: Donut Dash 5K in Olympia - motivation is its first name
- Sunday, March 26th: Friendship Run 5K in Olympia - a fun course in West Olympia
- Saturday, April 1st: Run Like a Fool 5K - this one's down at Capitol Lake in Olympia on a nice and fast course
Stay tuned for more, like the Firecracker 5K on July 4th and Run Like a Dog in August--we'll update as we get more info.