I hope you’re all enjoying the summer! Here are some updates re: current and upcoming activities and opportunities:
- Volunteers needed for our Lakefair 10K water stop this Saturday, July 14th. We’ll meet at 7:30 AM near the corner of 33rd Ave and Friendly Grove, and will support the runners for about two hours. Please email me if you can make it and/or have questions.
- Summer Running Groups (Captains' Runs) have been going very well, with 15-20 athletes attending on average each day. Group runs meet M-F at Chinook Middle School (due to construction) at 8:30 AM. Stay tuned for updates regarding Saturday trail runs and/or meet-ups with other teams from the area, and join the team Remind group if you haven’t already (for parents and athletes). Click here to view instructions on how to join the Remind updates group.
- The NTHS Weight Room continues to be open to XC athletes from 10:00 AM to 12:00 M-Th, through August 9th. Click here for summer strength program specifics.
- Whether you’re running with teammates or on your own, be sure to log your runs this summer. This can be accomplished on Athletic.net or in a notebook—your choice! Just—at a minimum—keep track of the date, length, mileage and intensity (easy, medium, hard) of each workout. A blank Summer Running Log/Calendar is available here.
- 2018 South Sound XC Camp information and registration for are available here: https://goo.gl/6gVi2v This year's camp will take place July 23rd - 27th, and space is still available. Once folks are signed up we can work out carpooling as desired.
- As always, if you have questions about anything (schedule, expectations, gear, etc.), please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com